Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down

Go down

Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down Empty Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down

Post by mmoulson Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:58 am

Hi, I'm trying to build a SIP trunk to a Cisco CUBE however FreeSBC is reporting the NAP as being in the "Unavailable nap list".

I have run a debug on the Cisco side and I can see SIP option messages being received and replies are being sent.

Can anyone offer an advise?

Thanks in advance.

mmoulson

Number of Messages : 3
Point : 5
Registration Date : 2020-09-25

Back to top Go down

Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down Empty Re: Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down

Post by mmoulson Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:12 am

Looks like the Cisco will source the SIP option packets from a port other than 5060. When you define the NAP it creates an ACL for the remote device but only for port 5060. I had to manually create an ACL for any port from the IP of the Cisco. Now the NAP is available.

Thanks Serdar on technical support.

mmoulson

Back to top Go down

Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down Empty Re: Trunk to Cisco CUBE is down

Post by mmoulson Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:58 am

It is also worth note that when you send calls from the Cisco CUBE that calls are sourced from a random port number. When configuring the NAP by default the "Filter by proxy port" option is checked. This means the the NAP will only accept the call if the source port is the configured value (5060 by default). Looking at the call trace I was seeing "No NAP found" this is because the NAP would not accept the call from the random port.

mmoulson

Back to top Go down