Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Client trunk registration directly to prosbc?

Go down

Client trunk registration directly to prosbc? Empty Client trunk registration directly to prosbc?

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 pm

Hello,

I am using ProSBC in a trunking setup to provide sip trunks to PBX's. Currently, the way I set these up is to create a NAP for each PBX and allow them simply by IP, they then can talk with our carrier which is set up in a different NAP. I now have a customer whose hardware requires a sip registration which is different than my current setup. Is ProSBC able to allow a PBX to register directly to it? If so could you please walk me through the process?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Client trunk registration directly to prosbc? Empty Re: Client trunk registration directly to prosbc?

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Hello,

ProSBC is not a registrar, this is why it will not accept the registration messages. But, we can forward registration messages to a registrar. In your case, you can install an Asterisk behind your SBC and send register requests to the Asterisk server from ProSBC.

Best regards

Back to top Go down

Client trunk registration directly to prosbc? Empty Re: Client trunk registration directly to prosbc?

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:33 pm

Thanks for the reply that makes sense. I do have an asterisk server behind the sbc that I could do this but am unfamiliar with this setup. Would you be able to outline the basic setup for this scenario for me?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Hello

You can check the following link;

FreeSBC:Remote Workers - TBwiki (telcobridges.com)

Best regards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 pm

Thank you for the follow-up, this does work for me it seems. My only question is how many concurrent calls can this method handle? Unless I am reading this wrong it looks like prosbc will try all the registered contacts for the domain here until it finds the correct one? I'm just wondering if this could have a negative impact on performance.

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Hi,

The number of concurrent calls you can have is limited mainly by the number of call sessions you have with your purchased license for ProSBC.

If SIP endpoints are registering through SBC with contacts, when routing calls to registered contact, SBC will route calls to the specific registered contact (with a record in the system) only and not trying all contacts.

Best regards,

Back to top Go down