Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP Interface Physical Port and Power Supply disable from software or web portal

Go down

IP Interface Physical Port and Power Supply disable from software or web portal Empty IP Interface Physical Port and Power Supply disable from software or web portal

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:09 am

I just have a couple of questions for you.  We will be doing a series of testing in the lab to determine the behaviour of the various devices under certain failure scenarios.  We will try to simulate physical and logical errors to document the behaviours as best we can.

My questions are:
• What is the best method to disable a Voip or Eth port without removing the cable?  Can this be done in the Web portal/software?
• Is there a way to “turn off/disable” a power supply from the Web portal/software?

Back to top Go down

IP Interface Physical Port and Power Supply disable from software or web portal Empty Re: IP Interface Physical Port and Power Supply disable from software or web portal

Post by Guest Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:11 am

Q. What is the best method to disable a Voip or Eth port without removing the cable? Can this be done in the software?
>> Yes, via Webportal -> Hardware Units -> IP Interfaces -> Physical Port, click the port name, and check “Force link down”, save and activate the configuration.

Q. Is there a way to “turn off/disable” a power supply from the Web portal/software?
>> No, I don’t think so.

Back to top Go down