Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple SIP Transport Server using same IP but different port and limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration.

Go down

Multiple SIP Transport Server using same IP but different port and limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration. Empty Multiple SIP Transport Server using same IP but different port and limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration.

Post by ahsanul.moyeen Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:51 am

Hi,

We have a use case to create about 50 transport servers by using the same IP but different ports. Is this feasible?  Is there any limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration (of course we will have to provide the unique combination of IP and port)?

I found the documentation at the TBwiki and there is no mention of any limits.
https://docs.telcobridges.com/tbwiki/Toolpack:Creating_a_SIP_Transport_Server_SBC_A

Use Case:
1. We are going to have a sip trunk between us and a customer. Our customer is going to send the traffic to us (from single IP) for their 50 sub-customers. And they don’t have the capability to use prefixes. Our customer wants to dedicate a SIP port for each  customer as following:

• Sub Customer   PORT
• Sub-Customer1 =>5061
• Sub-Customer2 =>5062
• Sub-Customer3 =>5063

2. In ProSBC, under SIP STACK, I have to create multiple transport Servers having the different port numbers.
• TS_VOIP0_5061
• TS_VOIP0_5062
• TS_VOIP0_5063
• etc...

3. Once the transport servers have been created, I will have to utilize them while creating the NAP.

Please confirm if this is the correct way of configuration for the given use case.

ahsanul.moyeen

Number of Messages : 348
Point : 652
Registration Date : 2020-11-24

Back to top Go down

Multiple SIP Transport Server using same IP but different port and limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration. Empty Re: Multiple SIP Transport Server using same IP but different port and limit of a maximum number of transport servers in the configuration.

Post by ahsanul.moyeen Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:53 am

Hello,

Yes, the way you are configuring the ProSBC to use the different local port and associate them with the NAP explicitly is correct.
The maximum Transport Server is 96, so I guess you are OK to go.

ahsanul.moyeen

Number of Messages : 348
Point : 652
Registration Date : 2020-11-24

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum