Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Config problem on new installation

3 posters

Go down

Config problem on new installation Empty Config problem on new installation

Post by jmin Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello!

I've got FreeSBC installed on a KVM with no initial issues.
This KVM VM has two interfaces, one facing to public and the other facing the private network where PBX resides.
When VM booted first time I configured such interfaces (via console) so they get the proper IP addresses, such way I can get the installation web on port 12358.
The installer forces both interfaces to be named voip0 and voip1 (that originally were eth0 and eth1).
Once installer ends and the VM restarts, the interfaces are never get up.
I verify that /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-voip[0,1] are OK, as well as /etc/udev/rules.d/70-net-persistent.rules
OS claims that voip0 and voip1 does not exists, even the rules are --apparently-- well set.

Any help or tip will be trully appreciated.

Thank you so much.

jmin

Number of Messages : 1
Point : 3
Registration Date : 2019-06-05

Back to top Go down

Config problem on new installation Empty Re: Config problem on new installation

Post by Admin Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:28 am

Hi

You don't need to assign IP addresses for VoIP interfaces from FreeSBC console. Just modify Management IP from the console and login with that management IP address.

In your case, you will need 3 interfaces, 1 for management and 2 for VoIP. After connecting to FreeSBC from the management IP address, you can select 2 other interfaces as VoIP interfaces. You need to configure the IP address of the VoIP interfaces after initial configuration finished from the web portal.

You can check our wiki https://docs.telcobridges.com/ for all installation and configuration steps of the FreeSBC.

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 508
Point : 1199
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

Config problem on new installation Empty Re: Config problem on new installation

Post by bhoover Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:43 pm

Did this ever get resolved? I think I'm having a similar issue. Installed FreeSBC on bare metal. I have 10 network interfaces. Before configuration I verified all the interfaces were available on the console (ifconfig). During the initial configuration wizard using the GUI, all 10 could be seen so I configured 2 as management and the other 8 as LAN/WAN. After the configuration completed I can now only see the 2 management interfaces on the console and in the web GUI all of the LAN/WAN interfaces (renamed voip0, voip1, etc) all show as being unavailable. The config fail log says 'Restore the IP interface on the system or stop using it in the configuration.'

bhoover

Number of Messages : 4
Point : 6
Registration Date : 2019-11-26

Back to top Go down