Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?

2 posters

Go down

How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?  Empty How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?

Post by karpathian Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 am

I have set up the Vmware version of FreeSBC which is behind a firewall that is also performing NAT.
Local PABX is the Mitel Connect onsite system.

Outbound calls are working fine.

However inbound calls aren't even hitting the FreeSBC.

I suspect the FreeSBC ITSP Registrar account I've set up isn't registered with the ITSP.

Is there a way I can tell if the SIP account is registered with the ITSP by looking at some status field in the FreeSBC?

Can you please provide me with a guide(or video?) that shows how this setup should be done?

Thank you.

Andreas

Last edited by karpathian on Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistake)

karpathian

Number of Messages : 3
Point : 5
Registration Date : 2019-03-03

Back to top Go down

How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?  Empty Re: How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?

Post by Admin Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:13 am

Dear Andreas,

FreeSBC NAPs status is showing if the NAP is registered or not. Please do the following; Go to NAPs -> Status -> Select the NAP then scroll down. You will see Registration struct section. In this section, you will NAP registration status.

Thank you.

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 508
Point : 1199
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?  Empty Re: How to configure FreeSBC with NAT to a single ITSP?

Post by karpathian Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:56 am

Hi,

I found the status as you described and it's not registered.
The ITSP informed me the following:
We are seeing registration attempts coming through, we are sending back requesting for digest authentication however then we don't receive anything back from your side.

Any suggestions as to why this may be?

karpathian

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 am

Hi

For detailed investigation, would you send an email to support@telcobridges.com, please?

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 508
Point : 1199
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by karpathian Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:46 am

Hello,

Thanks to the great support team, they were able to work out the issue.

The main issue was that NAT wasn't enabled on the SBC in order to present the public IP address I was behind and also the REALM field hadn't been populated.
All of this was under the External NAP setting.

So all good. Now onto live testing Smile

karpathian

Back to top Go down