"Domain names are not yet supported in firewall"

Go down

"Domain names are not yet supported in firewall" Empty "Domain names are not yet supported in firewall"

Post by imcdona on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm

When configuring a NAP with a hostname for the proxy address I get the following error: Domain names are not yet supported in firewall

Does this mean that domain names are not supported by FreeSBC or that a setting is missing somewhere in my FreeSBC config?

Thanks

imcdona

Number of Messages : 6
Point : 14
Registration Date : 2018-12-17

Back to top Go down

"Domain names are not yet supported in firewall" Empty Re: "Domain names are not yet supported in firewall"

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:15 am

Domain names are not yet supported in FreeSBC Access Control List (firewall). Our developers work on it. Please follow Enhancements Forum for updates.

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 229
Point : 614
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

"Domain names are not yet supported in firewall" Empty Re: "Domain names are not yet supported in firewall"

Post by imcdona on Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 am

How do ACL's specified in a NAP relate to the firewall? For example, if I add 192.168.1.0/22 to a NAP, is that subnet now allowed through the firewall?

If I know that the domain name only resolves to IP's in the subnet 10.51.33.0/24 and I add that subnet to the NAP ACL will that be a valid workaround?

Thanks

imcdona

Number of Messages : 6
Point : 14
Registration Date : 2018-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 am

You are right. If you add 192.168.1.0/22 to ACL of the NAP, this means that subnet is now allowed. When you add a subnet on NAP ACL that allows you to receive calls from that subnet and you don't need to configure extra routing for each IP in that subnet. But sending a call to that subnet is different. You need to set a static route for each IP in that subnet.

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 229
Point : 614
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum