Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tbcopycdr Source Interface Question

Go down

tbcopycdr Source Interface Question Empty tbcopycdr Source Interface Question

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 am

Hi,

From my testing, the tbcopycdr is using the voip interface instead of the mgmt interface for outgoing ssh. I do have both mgmt interfaces allowed for inbound ssh. The issue I am running into is the secondary server can’t use the voip interface since it is not active.

Is there a way to change the src interface used for outgoing ssh or is the idea that it should only work when that specific server is primary?

Also, is the /lib/tb/toolpack/setup/12358/cdr_archive directory created by the script or do I need to manually create it?

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

tbcopycdr Source Interface Question Empty Re: tbcopycdr Source Interface Question

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:45 am

Hi,

In the 1+1 setup, when one host is application active, say primary, the cdr logs will be generated there. If later, there is a switchover of application and role to secondary, and now the secondary host is active, then cdr logs will be generated from the secondary host. So, if 1+1, you should run tbcopycdr on both hosts, and let them send to your server.

For /lib/tb/toolpack/setup/12358/cdr_archive directory, if it is not already there, the script will create for you, so no need to manually create it.

Best regards,

Back to top Go down

tbcopycdr Source Interface Question Empty Re: tbcopycdr Source Interface Question

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:47 am

Hi,

I followed your above-mentioned instruction but since it is using the voip interface to go out and that is only active with primary now, I will have to force secondary to primary status to get it set up. I was hoping it would use or could be changed to use the mgmt interface of each server to go out instead of the voip one that is shared.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 am

Hi,

I found that you can add options to the scp command to choose the local interface.

Something like this:

scp -o BindAddress=192.168.101.240 test_file2.txt root@192.168.101.242:/root

So you can modify the tbcopycdr file (rename it tbcopycdr_1 so it does not get overwritten), then modify this line:

scp -P $REMOTE_PORT -o ConnectTimeout=$CONNECT_TIMEOUT $x $REMOTE_USER@$REMOTE_HOST:$REMOTE_DIR/$NEW

To add the “-o BindAddress=x.x.x.x” option.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down