Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks

3 posters

Go down

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks Empty Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks

Post by sicelo Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:12 am

We have the following topology:

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-010

For our scenario, the customer side PBX will not be REGISTERing with a username/password, but is authorized by its IP address. It is directly connected with the ProSBC via a point-to-point link (over fiber).

We have configured it as follows:

NAP configuration (ERS):

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-011

The routing:

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-016

Routing test results:

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-014

Softswitch side:

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-013

However, with the foregoing configuration, an actual incoming call, i.e. call from the Softswitch to the PBX fails. The call trace:

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks 2024-012

From our understanding of the trace and the other information, this is because:

1. The  called number 24022400 does not have an AoR in ProSBC
  2. There is also no other information on ProSBC to tell it to send the call to the IP address 172.16.0.2, which is the PBX IP

We understand that the above points would not be an  issue if the PBX was sending  a registration to the Softswitch. Is it possible to configure ProSBC to work without Registration?

Or how can we set in the routing that incoming calls must be sent to 172.16.0.2 if the ProSBC does not have AoRs for the numbers in question?

sicelo

Number of Messages : 2
Point : 4
Registration Date : 2023-05-05

Back to top Go down

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks Empty Re: Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks

Post by jpuckett Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:06 am

Hi Sicelo,

Looks to me like you need to check Use Proxy Address in the ERS NAP and put 172.16.0.2 as the value.

I think you can remove everything from the SIP Domain page because that is specifically for registration.

Cheers,
Joshua Puckett
TelcoBridges Support

jpuckett

Number of Messages : 14
Point : 22
Registration Date : 2022-03-15

Back to top Go down

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks Empty Re: Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks

Post by sicelo Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:23 am

Thank you. Yes, using the proxy address works :-)

One last question:
- is there a limit to the number of IP interfaces/addresses one can have per physical port?
We are looking at configuring between 200 and 1000 trunks of the type shown above on our ProSBC box.

sicelo

Number of Messages : 2
Point : 4
Registration Date : 2023-05-05

Back to top Go down

Configuration for Non-REGISTER Trunks Empty Registration Process

Post by StPaulTelMan Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:37 am

I have this Exact Setup but my PBX needs to Authenticate to the SoftSwitch.
I am seeing the Register packets from the PBX hit the Interface of the SBC but the SBC never sends anything back to the PBX which i find very odd. I would expect the SBC to send a 401 message back to pbx but running tbx_cli_tools_remote never shows a response leaving the SBC nor does the PBX wireshark show a response.

Do i need to setup a SIP Domain for the Registration packet to be sent over to the Softswitch?

StPaulTelMan

Number of Messages : 1
Point : 1
Registration Date : 2024-01-15

Back to top Go down