Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindly asking for if a SIP trunk failover is available

Go down

Kindly asking for if a SIP trunk failover is available Empty Kindly asking for if a SIP trunk failover is available

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 am

Hi,

Please excuse me, I am on Pro SBC.

I am asking if Pro SBC has the feature to detect in a trunk is down because the network is down, for example using OPTIONS or counting INVITE messages not answered and after that to route the traffic for specific DIDs where the network is down to another SIP trunk.
So if a customer network is down at a site that SIP trunk to be made unavailable, and the calls to be routed to another customer site on another SIP trunk.

Has Pro SBC this function?

Thank you,

Back to top Go down

Kindly asking for if a SIP trunk failover is available Empty Re: Kindly asking for if a SIP trunk failover is available

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:51 am

Hi,

Yes, exactly, that is the ProSBC default routing feature:
- Has polling enabled (and you can disable it) for the NAP (trunk group)
- You can figure two or more Routes for the same call, in priority, or load-sharing
- If one route (destination NAP goes DOWN) is unavailable, it will send calls only to the available ones

And, To set "Two or more Routes for the same call, in priority, or load-sharing”, the steps should be  simple like below as an example:
Calls from NAP_A will be sent to NAP_B or NAP_C in load sharing mode:

1- Create 3 NAPs - NAP_A, NAP_B, NAP_C
2- Create 2 static Routes:
Route#1  - NAP: NAP_A, Remapped_NAP: NAP_B, priority: 10, weight:100
Route#2  - NAP: NAP_A, Remapped_NAP: NAP_C, priority: 10, weight:100
3- Activate the configuration

Back to top Go down