Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some help with a fresh install

Go down

Need some help with a fresh install Empty Need some help with a fresh install

Post by Alex Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi,
We got 2 ProSBC keys in order to set up a HA pair.

I made 2 VMs on Proxmox hosts, and installed from the provided ISO. After installation, I get warnings on both hosts saying that "No valid host or adapter license found. Click here to upload a license."

I am also trying to figure out how to setup the public IPs and how many I need. We have 2 ISPs at the site, so I would like to use both for redundancy.
For now, I configured 5 interfaces on each VM: 1 mgmt, 2 ctrl, 2 voip.
I see that once the HA got built, I have the 2 voip interfaces functioning as the HA node. Should I add 2 more, and have an outward and inbound facing IP from each provider?

Thank you,
Alex!

Alex

Number of Messages : 3
Point : 7
Registration Date : 2021-01-25

Back to top Go down

Need some help with a fresh install Empty Re: Need some help with a fresh install

Post by Guest Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:06 am

Q. After installation, I get warnings on both hosts saying that "No valid host or adapter license found. Click here to upload a license."

- To activate the licenses, please go to primary SBC WEB GUI -> Maintenance -> Packages and Licenses_> click to Get or renew license links. Please follow this link:
https://docs.telcobridges.com/tbwiki/Toolpack:Retreiving_a_License_TSBC_A

After clicking 'Get or renew license links' they get activated automatically. Then, download and import both licenses.

Q. For now, I configured 5 interfaces on each VM: 1 mgmt, 2 ctrl, 2 VOIP.
I see that once the HA got built, I have the 2 VOIP interfaces functioning as the HA node. Should I add 2 more, and have an outward and inbound facing IP from each provider?

- For the interfaces, Your IP interfaces seem ok. You have mgmt. ports for each SBC and CTRL0 and CTRL1 for HA. VoIP0 and VoIP1 are shared by two SBCs.you can add more interfaces if you need. At the moment 2 interfaces are enough for almost all use cases. In fact, you can also use the same IP interface for both carriers as long as they can be reached by each other.

Back to top Go down

Need some help with a fresh install Empty Re: Need some help with a fresh install

Post by Alex Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 am

Thank you!
I activated the linceses and we're proceeding with the setup.

Thanks again for the info!

Alex

Number of Messages : 3
Point : 7
Registration Date : 2021-01-25

Back to top Go down