Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I predict this will arrive first on mobile devices and home phones. Any predictions for when this will show up on enterprise SIP trunks?

Go down

I predict this will arrive first on mobile devices and home phones. Any predictions for when this will show up on enterprise SIP trunks? Empty I predict this will arrive first on mobile devices and home phones. Any predictions for when this will show up on enterprise SIP trunks?

Post by alan.percy@telcobridges.c Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:49 pm

A: Based on the discussions in the standards bodies, it is clear that the mobile devices will quickly implement a “Verified” graphic to their incoming call display. Most likely a green checkmark graphic. Others are quietly suggesting they will implement a call screening app for non-verified callers, asking the user to enter a two digit code for the call to go through. On the SIP trunking side, we expect that the UC/IP-PBX developers will be using the “verstat” tag to implement something similar on their IP Phones. However, IP phones have more limited displays – how they decide to display the verification status is TBD.

alan.percy@telcobridges.c

Number of Messages : 60
Point : 176
Registration Date : 2019-01-14

Back to top Go down