Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC

3 posters

Go down

Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC Empty Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC

Post by imcdona Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:01 pm

Hello,

I followed the tutorial for Hosted PBX and everything works as expected when using a single PBX behind FreeSBC. Users from the outside register via FreeSBC and registrations are forwarded to the PBX.

How do I go about adding support for an additional PBX/domain? The docs are a bit light on content and I'm missing a few concepts.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Created a new NAP with the second PBX's IP address as the "Proxy Address"
2. Created a new SIP domain/registrar entry for second PBX
3. Added the domain created in step 2 to the "OPEN_NAP". So the open_nap has two domains now, domain1 and domain2. (not sure if I should have done this)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

imcdona

Number of Messages : 6
Point : 14
Registration Date : 2018-12-17

Back to top Go down

Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC Empty Re: Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC

Post by William Wong Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Hi Imcdona,

What you had done for 1 - 3 is correct. Then, you would create another route, same as you did for the first PBX, to and from PBX. And now you probably have two routes (one to PBX1 and one to PBX2) that will match calls from different users from OPEN NAP to different PBXs. To shorten the time, you can differentiate the different calls (say, from its calling domain) by specifying it in the calling, for example. Starting from 3.0.114, we also support forwarding the domain in To and From fields from phones to PBX, depending whether your PBXs requiring to see this domain in From field in order to establish a successful call.

Should you have further query, you could send to our support email at support@telcobridges.com

Best regards,
William

William Wong

Number of Messages : 8
Point : 8
Registration Date : 2017-11-30

Back to top Go down

Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC Empty Re: Multiple domains/proxies behind FreeSBC

Post by imcdona Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:54 pm

That did it! I didn't realize I could route based on domain in the "called" and "calling" route fields.

For anyone else trying to do the same thing here's how I setup the routes. This assumes your two domains are: domain1.domain.com and domain2.domain.com

Name: REMOTE_TO_DOMAIN1
NAP: Your_primary_NAP
Calling: /domain1\.domain\.com/
Remapped NAP: domain1_nap

Name: REMOTE_TO_DOMAIN2
NAP: Your_primary_NAP
Calling: /domain2\.domain\.com/
Remapped NAP: domain2_nap

Thanks for help!

imcdona

Number of Messages : 6
Point : 14
Registration Date : 2018-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:19 am

If you want to route your call based on a domain you have 2 options;

1 - Using regex on calling/called field on NAP configuration. You can use the following regex to match anything with @domain.com.
Code:
/^([a-z0-9_\.-]+)@domain.com/

2 - If you want to forward incoming SIP from/to header domain to outgoing leg please check How to forward the SIP from/to header domain to the outgoing leg. With this method, you just need to create an OPEN NAP and a NAP for your SIP Server.

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 508
Point : 1199
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

http://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down